What is Thigh Liposuction
Thigh liposuction is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure to remove stubborn fat deposits from the inner and outer thighs. This procedure helps to create a more contoured appearance, improving overall body proportions.
Inner thigh Liposuction: Inner thigh liposuction removes the more jellied-like fat between the groin area and the knee. It is less dense or fibrous than fat typically found in other areas making this inner thigh fat removal technique highly effective in reducing rubbing between the thighs and creating a more defined thigh gap.
Outer Thigh Liposuction: Outer thigh liposuction targets the softer fat in the outer lateral thigh area from the hip bone to the outer knee and just below the bottom, often referred to as 'saddle bags'.
Both outer and inner thigh lipo can be performed simultaneously to create an immediate impact and noticeably slimmer-looking legs. If you want to find out more about thigh liposuction in Melbourne, then simply contact us today.
Ideal candidates for thigh liposuction are individuals who:
- Are in good overall health, with no underlying medical conditions that may increase surgery risks
- Have a stable body weight, preferably within 30% of their ideal weight.
- Possess realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure.
- Have tried diet and exercise but still struggle with stubborn thigh fat
- Exhibit good skin elasticity to ensure optimal results and minimise sagging.
The Thigh Liposuction Procedure
Thigh liposuction is typically performed under general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia with sedation. The procedure can take 1 to 3 hours, depending on the amount of fat removed and the specific technique used. There are several liposuction techniques available such as:
- Laser-assisted Liposuction (LAL): Where a laser is used to melt fat cells, allowing for removal and potentially promoting skin tightening.
- VASER Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction (UAL): Where Ultrasonic energy is used to liquefy fat cells before removal
- Depending on the procedure, HD liposuction can also be a great option.
- Tumescent Liposuction: A large volume of saline solution, local anaesthesia, and a vasoconstrictor are injected into the treatment area to break up fat cells and minimise bleeding before removal.
Regardless of the technique used, the procedure typically involves the following steps:
- The surgeon marks the treatment areas on the patient's thighs.
- Small incisions are made in discreet locations.
- The chosen liposuction treatment is used to break up and remove fatty tissue with a small tube known as a cannula
- The incisions are closed with sutures, and a compression garment is applied to minimise swelling and promote healing.
Recovery and Post-Operative Care
After thigh liposuction, patients in Australia typically expect a recovery period of 1 to 2 weeks. During this time, it is essential to follow the surgeon's post-operative care instructions, which may include:
- Wearing a compression garment to reduce swelling and support the healing process
- Taking prescribed medications to manage pain and prevent infection
- Limiting physical activity and gradually resuming exercise as advised by the surgeon
- Attending follow-up appointments to monitor healing and assess results
Most patients can return to work within 1 to 2 weeks, depending on the nature of their job and the extent of the procedure. Final results may take 3 to 6 months to become apparent as swelling subsides and the body fully heals.
What Results To Expect
A patient's liposuction results depend upon the surgeon's vision, experience, and skill in performing their procedure, as well as the volume of fat and the amount of excess skin the patient needs to be removed. After undergoing Liposuction, the "excess" skin typically shrinks and becomes taut. Once the swelling and retention of fluid decrease, you will notice a better body shape. It could take a few months for it to go down completely. Nevertheless, there are certain circumstances where an operation to extract extra skin may be required.
Benefits of Thigh Liposuction
Thigh liposuction offers several benefits, including:
- Improved body proportions: This procedure can help create a more balanced and harmonious body silhouette by removing excess fat from the thighs.
- Long-lasting results: The fat cells removed during Liposuction are permanently eliminated. While patients can still gain weight, the fat distribution will spread more evenly across the body.
Risks and Complications
Like any surgical procedure, thigh liposuction carries potential risks and complications. These may include:
- Bruising and swelling: These are common side effects that typically resolve within a few weeks.
- Infection: Though rare, there's a risk of infection at the incision sites, which may require antibiotic treatment.
- Scarring: While the surgeon will aim to make incisions in less visible areas, some scarring is inevitable.
- Irregular contours: In some cases, liposuction can result in uneven or lumpy skin surfaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule a Consultation Today
Thigh liposuction is effective for individuals looking to achieve slimmer, more contoured legs. By understanding the procedure, recovery, benefits, and potential risks, patients can decide whether this procedure is right for them. If you are based in Melbourne, you can schedule a complimentary consultation at our clinic, online or over the phone if that suits you more. To get started, call (03) 8822 3472 or send us a message on our contact form below.
*All cosmetic surgery is invasive and carries risk this includes thigh liposuction procedures too.
**Individual results vary from person to person, and the outcomes experienced by one person do not necessarily reflect the outcomes that other people may experience due to many factors, including the individual's genetics, diet and exercise.
WE offer thigh liposuction Melbourne patients may feel more comfortable with, due to our experience and the modern technology we have available.