We provide Coolsculpting in Melbourne from our popular cosmetic clinics in Templestowe and Chelsea.
Coolsculpting®, also called fat freezing or cryolipolysis, is a non-surgical, fat-reduction procedure using a form of controlled cooling. It freezes and eliminates stubborn fat cells.
Not only will you notice the positive effects of Coolsculpting in just a few weeks, but the treatment provides permanent results.
Coolsculpting treatments target specific areas of the body that store excess fat. This is achieved whilst leaving the neighbouring nerves, blood vessels, skin and muscles unharmed.
How Does CoolSculpting Work?
At Chelsea Cosmetics we use Zeltiq CoolSculpt technology for all their cryolipolysis procedures. The length of each patients treatment depends on the number of areas they would like addressed. Generally, the total treatment time ranges from half an hour to an hour. A typical Coolsculpting procedure works like this:
- The patient lies down and the technician uses a pen to map out the specific areas to target with the Coolsculpting applicator.
- A protective gel pad over the area of skin receiving treatment.
- The technician places a portion of the unwanted fat in the treatment area between two panels of the Zeltiq machine.
- Using suction, the paddle gently pulls the skin and fat inside.
- The temperature of the tissue inside the paddle drops to somewhere between 2 and 7 degrees causing the fat cells to first crystallise and then die, which is a process called apoptosis.
- Once the patient completes their treatment session, the technician removes the paddle and massages the treatment area. Massaging this area jumpstarts the body’s excretion of the dead fat cells.
- A few weeks after a cryolipolysis treatment, the dead fat cells pass through the liver and are expelled from the body.
- Results are very noticeable at the 3-month mark, with improvements continuing for a further next three months with the final results evident at the 6-month mark.
Areas of the Body that Can Be Treated
Coolsculpting or fat-freezing treatments can target fat cells in areas all over the body. The stomach, abdomen, hips, love handles, back fat and double chin areas are all popular choices. CoolSculpting is also used to address visible bulges of stubborn fat that may be located:
- Underneath the buttocks.
- In the upper arm.
- Beneath the jawline.
- In the flanks.
- Along the bra line.
- In the lower and upper back.
- Underneath the chin (Fat bulges in the submental space)
- In the inner and outer sections of the thigh.
Cryolipolysis procedures can also be used to tone the following:
- Other body areas (e.g., mons pubis).
- If contouring irregularities are present following a liposuction procedure, technicians can use fat-freezing treatments to create symmetry.
Using the large Zeltiq applicator, we are able to treat two areas simultaneously. This reduces the overall treatment time by about 50% in some Coosculpting procedures.
What Results To Expect With Coolsculpting
Benefits of CoolSculpting Treatments
- Does not require anaesthesia.
- See results quickly
- Non-surgical alternative to liposuction
- No cutting or (incisions) stitches required
- No lasers are used
- No needles are required
- Little to no downtime
- Resume normal activities immediately
- No serious side effects or complications
- Eliminates the risk of developing an infection
- No visible scarring
- Treatment sessions are relatively quick, usually lasting less than an hour
- It can be performed alone or with other procedures.
- Results are permanent
Who Makes a Good Candidate?
Men and women who want to eliminate fat in troublesome areas without Surgery may want to consider having a fat-freezing treatment. Physical characteristics that make people good candidates for the coolsculpting® are:
- Has enough pinchable fat to place within the CoolSculpting applicator.
- Not looking to lose weight but instead to solve contouring issues resulting from areas of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Has a Body Mass Index (BMI) that is below 25 and not for people who are obese or severely overweight.
- Have bulges in certain areas they'd like to fix.
Who Is Not a Good Candidate?
People with pacemakers, poor circulation or defibrillators are not good candidates for fat-freezing procedures. Breastfeeding or pregnant women must wait until they have birthed their baby and finished breastfeeding to have a CoolSculpting procedure. An individual who has any skin condition (e.g., dermatitis, eczema) or wound in the treatment area must wait for the issue to resolve before having freeze fat treatment in that particular area.
NOTE: The Coolsculpting procedure is not a weight-loss solution
Get Started With CoolSculpting
If you would like top find out more about CoolSculpting in Melbourne and whether its the right procedure for you, get in touch with our team today and book a no-obligation consultation at +61 3 8822 3472. or send us a message below.
Get in Touch
Speak to one of our experts and get personalised advice about the Coolsculpting procedures that will meet your unique needs. Contact us to schedule your free consultation.