Wrinkles and Fine lines on our face and neck begin to appear as we get older for various reasons. One of the best ways to prevent them from getting bigger and deeper is through targeted anti-wrinkle injections, which Chelsea Cosmetics has performed at our popular Melbourne cosmetic clinic for many years.
How Anti-Wrinkle Injections Work
The anti-wrinkle procedure involves injecting small amounts of botulinum toxin into specific facial muscles, which blocks intricate nerve signals that cause the muscle to contract and relax. By relaxing the muscles, the skin on top of the forces can smooth out, reducing wrinkles and frown lines and creating a younger and more refreshed appearance.
The effects of the cosmetic treatment last for several months before additional treatments are needed and, if done correctly, should result in natural-looking results. Anti-wrinkle injections have been used in the medical industry worldwide for more than 25 years and have been through thorough clinical trials, published studies and extensive clinical practice.
It's a proven way for both men and women to appear more refreshed and enhance the shape and symmetry of their faces with minimal downtime and without undergoing invasive surgery.
The procedure is relatively quick and typically takes 10-15 minutes to complete. The patient's face is cleaned of makeup, and a topical anaesthetic is used to numb the skin before administering the injection.
An experienced cosmetic doctor will use a tiny needle to inject the botulinum toxin directly into the targeted muscles. Patients sometimes experience a mild discomfort sensation during the procedure, but it is generally considered a 'mildly uncomfortable' feeling.
After the injection, patients can resume their normal activities immediately but are advised to avoid massaging or rubbing the treatment area for at least 24 hours.
Treatment Areas for Anti-Wrinkle Injections
Areas you can treat with anti-wrinkle injections include:
- Forehead lines - Horizontal lines that appear across the forehead when you raise your eyebrows.
- Frown lines - Vertical lines that occur between the eyebrows when you frown.
- Eyes and Crow'sCrow's Feet - The lines that appear at the outer corners of the eyes when you smile or squint.
- Nose Bunny Lines - Diagonal wrinkles that appear below the nose bridge when you laugh, smile or scrunch up your face.
- Chin Dimples - Relaxes the chin muscles to prevent orange-peel-looking dimples.
- Gummy Smiles - Relaxes the muscles that raise the upper lip so that the lip lowers to cover the gum line naturally.
- Drooping Mouth Corners - Targets the muscles that pull down the mouth and lower part of the face.
- Neck Bands - Neck Lines running from the lower jaw down the neck caused by loss of elasticity and lax platysma muscle
- Smokers Lines - lines that appear around the mouth from years of smoking.
- Lip lines - Used for making the lines around the lips appear fuller.
- Square jaw - Can also be used to slim down the jaw muscle, which causes a bulkier look.
- Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) - Targets the muscles causing clenching and grinding and relieves related pain and headaches.
- Sweating - Used to treat excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis) in the feet, hands, armpits and facial areas.
- Eyebrows - Lifting drooping brow height and altering the shape.
Before and After Anti-Wrinkle Injections
Benefits of anti-wrinkle injections
- It's a non-surgical solution - Anti-wrinkle injections help reduce wrinkles without surgery, meaning there is less personal risk, recovery time and cost.
- Minimal discomfort - Anti-wrinkle injections are much more straightforward, quick and precise. Our team uses an extremely fine needle resulting in the feel of a pinprick at most. An anaesthetic cream can also be used to numb the skin, further minimising any discomfort.
- Results appear after a few days - Anti-wrinkle injections will not cause bruising or swelling, and you will see the effects in approximately three days, in which skin will look smoother and more refreshed.
- Fast recovery - One of the main benefits of anti-wrinkle injections is the speedy recovery time. The procedure will only take a few minutes, and you can return to work or normal activities straight after your appointment.
- Makeup can be applied immediately after - Anti-wrinkle injections work without causing skin trauma, so applying makeup afterwards is not an issue.
Potential Side Effects
Cosmetic injectable treatments are considered safe when administered by a trained and experienced professional. However, like any medical procedure, there are potential side effects and risks to consider, such as:
- Redness or swelling at the injection point
- Bruising or mild bleeding
- Itching or tenderness
- Temporary muscle weakness or drooping in the treated area
- Allergic reactions (rare but possible)
- Infection at the injection site (rare but possible)
- Asymmetry in facial features
- Temporary numbness or tingling
- Eyelid or eyebrow drooping
- Discolouration or skin discolouration
In rare cases, anti-wrinkle injections can cause more serious side effects, including muscle weakness or stiffness with muscle movement. This is most likely to occur when the injections are not administered properly. If you experience any muscle weakness or difficulty with muscle movement immediately after treatment, it is important to contact your injector. As the effects are only temporary, so are any potential risks or side effects.
The Importance of Choosing an Experienced Injector
The individual administering the anti-wrinkle injection must thoroughly understand facial anatomy otherwise, the results may look unnatural. When applied by an experienced injector like Chelsea Cosmetics, neurotoxins can take years off an individual's face and neck and provide natural-looking results.
Speak to Chelsea Cosmetics today
If you are looking for anti-wrinkle injections in Melbourne, turn to the highly trained staff at Chelsea Cosmetics, who understand your concerns and can determine which anti-wrinkle injection treatment plan is best for you.
We take all necessary precautions before treatment to minimise or eliminate all risks. We offer superior post-operative care to ensure that you are looked after and receive all the support you need.
We strongly recommend speaking to us in the early stages of your information gathering to ensure you are on the right path to choosing the best cosmetic procedure to help you look and feel your best. Book an appointment today at +61 3 8822 3472.