Liposuction is the most effective way of shaping and sculpting the abdominal region. When people are unhappy with their bulging out tummy or other pockets of fat, which are not responding to any kind of diet or fitness exercises, they could be considering liposuction.
What Does Liposuction Entail?
Liposuction is regarded as an effective procedure in eliminating fat from the targeted regions such as the chin, thighs, stomach, hips, buttocks, arms etc. The procedure initiates by giving anaesthesia to the concerned patient. When the anaesthesia’s reaction starts, the surgery is actually performed by using a relatively small tube known as Cannula, which would then be inserted between the muscle and the skin. This would be effective in breaking up the layer of fat and assisting it in vacuuming out the excess fat tissues. Most liposuction procedures usually take almost three hours or even more depending on the quantity of fat to be eliminated.
Liposuction is the best and the most popular cosmetic procedure nationwide. Liposuction is known to be targeting excess at pockets such as spare tires, love handles and even muffin tops. Liposuction should not be mistaken for a weight loss process. The candidate best suited for liposuction must be within ten percent of their ideal weight and should have already tried both exercise and diet for eliminating stubborn fat area. However, you should remember that even though fat removal is permanent from the liposuction treated areas, fat could be developing in some other areas if the weight goes up. You could opt for the latest laser liposuction from a renowned clinic for most effective results.
Who Could Be Opting for Liposuction?
You could be an ideal Liposuction candidate if:
- You possess a disproportionate body with pockets of excess fat.
- Your skin elasticity could be adapting to the contour transformations rapidly.
- You do not have any major health issues.
- You are fully aware of the pros and cons of this surgical cosmetic procedure.
Difference between Liposuction & Tummy Tuck
Tummy tuck unlike the process of Liposuction does not eliminate abdominal fat. A tummy tuck is effective in removing loose abdominal skin and tightening the underlying muscles for re-contouring the abdomen. The recovery and procedure are far more involved as compared to liposuction as tummy tucks are known to target muscle and skin, not just fat deposits. If you have abdominal excess fat, as well as, poor skin laxity issues, you could opt for both liposuction and also, a tummy tuck as an effective body contouring plan.
Demerits of Liposuction
- There could be some redness and swelling post-surgery.
- Even though the results of this cosmetic procedure seem to be permanent, there could be changes in your body shape thanks to ageing, pregnancy and other factors leading to weight gain.
- You need to avoid high caloric food for maintaining stable weight so that the outcomes of the procedure could last longer.
- Liposuction is not the right procedure for the tightening of cellulite and skin.
Always consult an experienced and highly qualified cosmetic surgeon in Chelsea Cosmetic Melbourne and get the procedure done in a reputed clinic that offers cutting-edge technology and state-of-the art facilities.